Trusts & Foundations Fundraiser with Cancer Support Scotland
Head of Fundraising & Communications
Cancer Support Scotland first began 40 years ago, in the cosy living room of Sir Kenneth Calman. Now in our home amidst the leafy grounds of Gartnavel Hospital, we’ve worked hard to make sure things don’t feel a whole lot different. The Calman Centre was created as a safe space, helping everyone we support to feel at ease and in control. Where better then, than in a giant living room – where family and friends are welcome and the kettle is always on.
The charity has worked tirelessly in support of the original vision of Sir Kenneth Calman through developing key services to support our beneficiaries overcome challenges in their everyday lives – to great success.
Cancer Support Scotland provides emotional and practical support to those affected by Cancer. Offering counselling, complementary therapy, stress management and podiatry through one-to-one and groups based methods.
In the last year Cancer Support Scotland has offered over 6,500 appointments and demand for our services is steadily rising.
The charity has around 20 members of staff and 200 volunteers across Scotland. Our staff are based within the Calman Centre in Glasgow and our volunteers cover Scotland.
The charity has just completed a strategic review and have set out the commitment to grow and develop a professional and highly skilled fundraising team to support our annualised income target of around £650,000 during 2019/20.
The purpose of this role is to develop, deliver and grow trust and foundations income. This will be achieved through writing applications to a wide range of trusts, foundations and other sources as well as building and stewarding relationships with key funders.
- Deliver a quality trust fundraising programme to reach annual income targets
- Effectively manage a trusts, and foundations pipeline – continually reaching and identifying new opportunities for funding
- Develop a high calibre of written and persuasive applications to trusts, foundations and other sources
- Work collaboratively across the organisation to scope and define projects
- Fulfil all grant monitoring requirements from funders such as end of grant reports and evaluations
- Ensure compliance with any relevant Institute of Fundraising Codes of Practice, current legislation (GDPR) and CSS policies.
- Carry out other tasks in support of the Fundraising & Communications Team as required.
- Ensure day to day operations such as income monitoring, evaluating and reporting are carried out to a high standard.
- Ensure all records within database are kept up to date and consistent
- Liaise with relevant staff and outside agencies as required
- Attend internal and external meetings as required
- Operate within the policies and procedures set out by the organisation
- Any other duties that are required and relevant to this role
- Provide support to volunteers and assist with training, as required