Regional Fundraiser with When you wish upon a Star
Head of Fundraising
£28,000 Pro Rata / 4 Days Per Week
When You Wish Upon a Star has a simple mission, to grant the Wishes of children living with a life threatening illness between the ages of 2 to 16 years of age. The charity was founded in Nottingham by Barbara White OBE who was so inspired by a seriously ill four year old with a dream to meet Mickey Mouse that she wanted to bring smiles to the faces of many more brave and courageous children. Our Wishes have the power to transform the lives of the children and families we work with and since 1990 we have proudly granted over 17500 Wishes across the UK.
We believe every child deserves to smile and we can provide time away, giving children and their families something to look forward to through times of uncertainty and often financial as well as emotional strain. Wishes allow the family to put their child’s illness on hold as they have fun and create precious memories.
Some children wish for ipads so they can keep in contact with their friends and family whilst in hospital. Others wish is to swim with dolphins and meet all their favourite characters in Disney World, Florida. We also organise days out and treats for our Wish Children like our incredible Harry Potter-themed trips on-board the beautiful Belmond Northern Belle train. We can also provide specialised equipment which improves their quality of life immensely, for example a Pea Pod Chair which gives effective postural support for use by children with certain disabilities.
The Regional Fundraiser will be responsible for engaging with current and potential supporters to generate leads to raise funds for the organisation. As the principal contact for fundraising within your area you will represent and promote the work, vision and purpose of the charity regionally whilst also promoting and supporting the wider work of the Regional Fundraising team and head office in Nottingham. Additionally you will support existing volunteer fundraising activity and recruitment of new volunteers and support groups.
- Develop and deliver plans for local fundraising across your designated region
- Engage with existing corporate contacts to facilitate long-lasting relation ships
- Work closely with Head of Fundraising to identify and engage with new corporate contacts across designated region to generate new business
- Develop relationships with groups, associations, schools, rotary and individuals whilst providing excellent stewardship and relationship management for supporters
- Contribute to the delivery of the overall Regional Fundraising strategic goals and implement activities through partnerships with supporters, beneficiary events and individuals.
- Support, motivate and develop fundraising volunteers
- Maintain records of all contact with supporters on the ThankQ database
BUDGET AND PLANNING
- Work with Head of Fundraising to develop a viable regional fundraising plan for implementation in your region
- Create and manage an income budget (including contingency and re-forecasting)across multiple income streams
- Work to agreed budgets ensuring the maximum return on investment is achieved in your region
- Deliver monthly income updates and reports to Head of Fundraising in 121s and at Fundraising meetings.
- Recruit key volunteers to support your region’s fundraising activity
- Ensure fundraising volunteers are appropriately managed, supported and empowered.
- Provide relevant volunteer training to maximise the volunteer contribution
- Ensure that volunteers have a comprehensive understanding of When You Wish Upon a Star to enable them to appropriately represent the charity’s work
- Oversee volunteers at all regional events and activities
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
To apply for this position please click on the button below and fill out your details…