Head of Parnerships & Philanthropy at CHAS
Glasgow (Stepps) / Edinburgh
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with high-profile health focused charity for a Philanthropy Manager. We are seeking a tenacious and strategically-minded individual with experience of the full solicitation cycle, including innovation in thanking and stewardship of donors.
Working collaboratively with senior members across the Fundraising & Communications team you will be instrumental in the recruitment and stewardship of high-level supporters, with emphasis on utilising their networks and furthering their fundraising propositions to the charity. In this post you will develop and implement an effective Philanthropy strategy to grow income in line with the charity’s overall strategy.
You will have a breadth of experience in account management, networking and building great rapport with a range of donors and influencers. You will also have a proven track record in working with high net worth individuals and delivering passionate, bespoke asks to attract mid-high level donations.
As a member of the Partnerships and Philanthropy team, you will make sure we capitalise on our compelling case for support and strong prospect pool to attract, cultivate and retain philanthropic supporters. Working with senior members across the Fundraising and Communications team you will be instrumental in the recruitment and stewardship of high-level supporters who will help us expand our networks and further our fundraising propositions.
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Relevant experience of working within the fundraising sector and evidence of a high level of knowledge of the legislative and regulatory framework, for fundraising within Scotland or other professional discipline
- Evidence of advanced level of communication skills, being able to represent the interests of the organisation at all levels and positively influence internal and external contacts
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to talk confidently over the phone and at meetings with a professional and confident approach. When dealing with high level individuals maintain confidentiality as required
- Experience of formulating and implementing departmental and organisational business plans
- Experience of developing and leading projects within an organisation
- Demonstrable experience of managing the human, physical and financial resources of multiple projects
- Demonstrable experience of developing and sustaining relationships with individuals
- Relevant experience of managing volunteers within a volunteer-supported environment
- Strong IT skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar packages and Raiser’s Edge database system.