£30,500 – £34,000 DOE
Head of Fundraising & Communications
Monday 3rd June 2019
mid June 2019
An award-winning charity in Glasgow has an exciting opportunity for a Legacy Officer. We are seeking an experienced Fundraiser with financial / legal experience.
This key role will report into the Head of Fundraising & Communications and you will be responsible for developing and managing the Legacy Strategy to raise income from individual donors.
Responsibilities are not limited to, but will include:
- Provide an accurate and efficient legacy administration.
- Ensure a correct trail of all legacy income received for auditing purposes.
- Compiling and providing monthly reports on legacy income and intimations to the Head of Fundraising and Management Team.
- Raise £4m in annual legacy income.
- Develop new marketing initiatives and a legacy strategy which fits in with the IOF codes and current legislation.
- Delivery an annual PR and Legacy Marketing and media plan, including online marketing.
- Deliver presentations and talks on the work of the charity and promote its dependence on legacy income.
- Write and prepare regular articles for publication in third party publications.
- Regularly write and update the charity’s Legacy brochure.
- Co-ordinate letters and mailings asking supporters to leave a gift to the charity in their wills.
- Co-ordinate legacy training and support for fundraising staff.
- Organise events annually at various locations in Scotland.
- Responsible for ensuring all material with a Gift Aid Declaration meets the correct and legal wording in conjunction with HMRC policy.
- Ensure all payments are received.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent with an interest in legacy administration.
- Good communication, teamwork, presentation, management, supervisory, planning and organisation skills required
- Good IT / keyboard skills with the ability to fully utilise the Microsoft Office suite of packages.
- Experience of Raisers Edge would desirable although training would be provided if necessary.
- ILM Certificate in Charity Legacy Administration would be preferred.
- Driving licence and own car is advantageous.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please contact Donna at AWS Recruitment for a full Job Description. Applicants must send their CV and Cover letter to AWS for this position by Monday 3rd June 2019. Please click on the button below and fill out your details…