Head of Scotland (health based charity)
Edinburgh or Glasgow (some home based working will be considered)
£c.50K dependent on experience
Director of Operations
1st July 2019
10th July 2019 (TBC)
Our client, a well-known health Charity, has a very exciting and newly created opportunity for a Head of Scotland to join their team. This is an exciting time to join a fast-growing charity with big ambition as they seek to grow their profile and expand their activities in Scotland.
As Head of Scotland you will play a pivotal and strategic leadership role in developing and maintaining effective relationships with health professionals and other charity partners to raise the profile of the charity’s services.
This is a full-time permanent position reporting into the Director of Operations and the salary on offer is £47,000 – £52,000
- Identify, develop, and cultivate effective relationships with key Government and NHS influencers and decision-makers in Scotland.
- Brief external stakeholders on the needs of people affected by the disease and improvements required in Scotland.
- Contribute to the successful implementation of the strategy in Scotland.
- Support the work of the Director of Fundraising and Communications and Heads of Fundraising, to seek funding for existing and future activities in Scotland through identifying opportunities and co-producing plans for fundraising in Scotland
- Proactively represent the charity to the public, media and at fundraising events, act as a media spokesperson, ensure social media presence and give talks and presentations to appropriate audiences/conferences that focus on activity in Scotland.
- Work with NHS providers to facilitate the charity having regular information stands within NHS settings and at appropriate conferences/training events.
- Develop key relationships to develop appropriate training activities/events for health professionals in Scotland.
- Recruit, train and manage a team of information volunteers in Scotland as well as other volunteer roles as they are introduced.
- Provide the Policy and Campaigns team with insight and intelligence on health policy and NHS service development and the political climate that will influence policy and campaigns objectives and plans.
Essential Skills / Experience
To apply for this post candidates must have:
- Degree qualified / equivalent experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of strategies for raising the profile of an organisation and cause.
- Good understanding of national and local health services, health policy, and the key stakeholders and organisations in the health service field in Scotland.
- Knowledge of the Scottish parliament and key parliamentary processes.
- Experience of developing & maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Operational planning & Budgeting.
- Track record of developing and delivering services ideally within a health setting.
- Working with people affected by a health condition, charity supporters or members of the public who are interested in an issue or affected by a cause and using different methods to engage them in organisational activities.
*This post can be based in Edinburgh or Glasgow and some home-based working will be considered.
*Applicants must have ability to travel regularly across Scotland and drive own vehicle (and occasional UK wide travel), including occasional overnight stays, and to attend evening/weekend meetings as required. Travel to London to attend organisational meetings will also be required.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Applicants must apply for this position by 9am Monday 1st July 2019. Please click on the button below and fill out your details…