Events Fundraiser at Waverley Care
3 Mansfield Place, Edinburgh
Head of Income Generation
Salary: £24,644 – £27,242
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
Closing Date: Monday 11th February 2019 at 12 noon
Interview Date: Wednesday 20th February 2019
We’re recruiting an Events Fundraiser to join our existing and very successful fundraising team in Edinburgh. You’ll be responsible for implementing and leading on Waverley Care’s key fundraising events, building on current successes and developing new opportunities to grow this vital source of income.
This is an extremely varied and hands-on role, which will involve you in every aspect of event fundraising. It demands a high level of confidence and ability which will enable you to relate to a wide range of stakeholders from different sectors of the community.
We’re looking for a tenacious and highly-motivated individual with a proven track record of delivering events, ideally in a charity setting. You’ll need to be innovative, resilient and resourceful and have a good understanding of how to deliver events within a limited budget but with a good return on investment.
In return, we offer a supportive and valuing work environment with encouragement to develop personally and professionally.
Plan and deliver Waverley Care’s existing programme of events which currently includes:
- Two Come and Sing events per annum
- Fringe concert by Loud & Proud, Scotland’s LGBT Choir
- LGBT ceilidh
- Black Tie Tartan Ribbon Dinner (biennial event – next event 2020)
Activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Secure venues and liaise with venue managers
- Secure and liaise with performers
- Produce printed publicity material and ensure this is effectively distributed
- Develop an online strategy for event promotion
- Work alongside Corporate and Individual Relationships Manager to secure sponsorship and liaise with sponsors
- Manage and work alongside a fundraising committee for the Tartan Ribbon Dinner
- Recruit volunteers to support events
- Manage on the day activity, attending all events, alongside other colleagues and volunteers
- Ensure appropriate people are thanked and potential donor cultivation opportunities are logged on the database and followed up appropriately.
- Working alongside fundraising support staff, manage all income and expenditure on Waverley Care events
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Applicants must apply for this position by sending their CV & Supporting Statement to AWS by Monday 11th February 2019. Please click on the button below and fill out your details…