Corporate & Individual Giving Fundraiser at Waverley Care
up to £30K per annum dependent on experience
Head of Income Generation
Waverley Care is Scotland’s HIV and hepatitis C charity. Across Scotland, we are reducing new HIV and hepatitis C infections, encouraging people to get tested and providing much needed support to people living with or affected by these conditions.
Through our work, we are also challenging HIV and hepatitis C related stigma, tackling health inequalities and promoting good sexual health.
Our vision is of a society free from HIV and hepatitis C stigma, where people know their status, and where individuals and communities living with or affected by these conditions enjoy good physical, mental and emotional health.
Your focus will be on sustaining and developing our existing corporate fundraising income as well as building new relationships with businesses.
You’ll also be responsible for maintaining and growing the level of individual donations through the development of a supporter journey plan.
We’re looking for a tenacious and highly motivated person who ideally has experience of fundraising, customer relationship management and/or business development. You’ll need to be innovative, resilient and resourceful and have a good understanding of what motivates donors to give. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
In return, we offer a supportive and valuing work environment with encouragement to develop personally and professionally.
- Manage existing corporate relationships through regular contact and support
- Undertake research to identify new corporate prospects and make relevant approaches
- Apply for Charity of the Year partnerships
- Prepare and deliver presentations to secure ongoing corporate support
- Build relationships with local businesses and Waverley Care suppliers, attend business networking events
- Work with the Communications Officer to create a corporate ‘ask’ around key dates – eg World AIDS Day
- Create persuasive and innovative proposals to attract funding from corporate foundations
Corporate Events & Sponsorship
- Assist the Senior Fundraiser with the organisation and delivery of corporate cultivation events.
- Identify opportunities to apply to be the beneficiary charity at corporate events
- Work with the Senior Fundraiser to identify and approach corporates for sponsorship.
- Respond to corporate volunteering requests, liaising with Waverley Care project staff where necessary
- Build relationships with corporate volunteers in order to encourage workplace fundraising and further engagement with Waverley Care
- Ensure matched funding is claimed, if appropriate
- Work with the Fundraising Support Officer to establish and maintain a stewardship programme that delivers a compelling donor journey
- Manage existing relationships with individual donors at all levels
- Develop a stewardship programme to cultivate medium/major donor relationships.
- Identify opportunities to bring on board new donors
- Ensure all donations are banked and supporters thanked in a timely manner
- Use Donorflex database to maintain records of all interactions with donors, supporters and volunteers
- Deal with ad hoc fundraising enquiries from corporate supporters
Communications and general fundraising
- Work with the Communications Officer to develop corporate fundraising materials and assist with promoting corporate fundraising activity.
- Work with colleagues to ensure that Waverley Care maintains and grows its profile on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook
- Work with the Fundraising Team on other activities and events as and when required
- Attend and actively contribute to team meetings
Working in a fundraising or business development environment
Creating and delivering persuasive funding/business proposals or presentations
Building relationships with the business community
Experience of using a fundraising database or similar customer relationship management software
Cultivating individual donor relationships and corporate partnerships
Creating workplace fundraising materials
Writing social media posts
Member of the Institute of Fundraising
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Applicants must apply for this position by 23rd July 2018. Interviews will take place 2nd August. Please click on the button below and fill out your details…