Community Fundraising Officer with Visibility
Full time, 35 hours per week – NB: This post requires some evening and weekend work.
Based within Visibility Head Office, 2 Queens Crescent, Glasgow with travel throughout Scotland.
£22,405-£26,949 per annum
Head of Fundraising
Fixed term until 31 March 2021
Monday 29th July 2019 – 12 noon
In Glasgow, 15th August 2019
As part of a small and enthusiastic fundraising team, the Community Fundraising Officer will be supported by the Head of Fundraising and is responsible for securing income via community work, individuals, sponsored events and community organisations to ensure that annual income targets are achieved. With support from the CEO and the fundraising team, the postholder will also be involved in developing our social media presence through Twitter and Facebook, along with input into marketing materials to promote the work of Visibility. The postholder will also be responsible for providing excellent account management across these disciplines, encouraging a ‘giving mentality’ with both existing and newly identified supporters.
This work involves the post holder attending to a wide range of duties to promote Visibility’s fundraising activities. This includes communicating with a wide range of external stakeholders from our supporters, service users and the general public. A resourceful approach is necessary, along with the ability to communicate with a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy.
- To work with community organisations (such as Rotary Clubs, Women’s Guild, etc.) to secure income for the work of Visibility, building relationships with key representatives and providing excellent account management;
- Deliver a range of community fundraising activities e.g. bucket collections, stands, etc.;
- Work with colleagues to identify and deliver new community fundraising initiatives.
- Identify and deliver presentations and talks representing Visibility within community settings.
- Manage Visibility’s home money boxes and collection cans.
- Support existing regular individual givers, providing tailored updates and information.
- Develop, motivate and support individuals to raise funds for Visibility and to ensure their efforts on behalf of the organisation are recognised and maintained.
- Support Visibility supporters taking part in sponsored events on behalf of Visibility (Great Scottish Run, Mud Rush, Kiltwalk, etc.)
- Support the fundraising team with maintaining online fundraising platforms, including social media feeds and associated communication tools.
- Work with colleagues across Visibility to ensure our work is being promoted using a range of social media platforms.
- Look for new and innovative ways to promote our work using different social media platforms.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Applicants must apply for this position by Monday 29th July 2019 by 12 noon with a Cover Letter and CV. Please click on the button below and fill out your details…