- Cultivate high value new trust and lottery grants to fund Shelter’s programmes in Scotland meeting agreed annual and long-term financial targets.
- Ensure high quality stewardship of trust and lottery donors to Shelter Scotland.
- Provide management and support to the Trusts and Lottery Fundraiser in Edinburgh and foster a collaborative, results-focused working ethos.
- Work closely with the Philanthropy Management Team and the Scotland Divisional Management Team and other key colleagues to contribute to the development and delivery of Shelter’s trusts and lottery fundraising strategy for Scotland.
- Implement and contribute to the development of the annual trusts and lottery work-plan plans to deliver the five year trusts and lottery strategy in Scotland, with a focus on sustainably growing income from these sources.
- Monitor budgeted income and other key performance indicators, contributing to monthly and quarterly reports and forecasts.
- Maintain an up-to-date awareness of grant-making and philanthropic trends and fundraising best practice, with a particular emphasis on Scotland.
- Work in conjunction with colleagues across the Trusts and Lottery Team to maximise efficiency and share learning.
Other main areas of work include:
- Stewardship and grant management
- Prospect development
- Propositions and bid development
- People management
- Team working