A key role has arisen for an experienced Supporter Development Officer in Glasgow to join an Award Winning External Relations Team.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Project managing direct mail, telephone, door-to-door and other appeals to existing supporters and internal audiences.
- Develop, implement and monitor all donor recruitment campaigns, developing appropriate materials.
- Manage operational relationships with associated fundraising / direct marketing agencies.
- Work closely with the Database & Admin Manager to ensure all campaigns are appropriately targeted and results recorded accurately.
- Work closely with the Marketing Officer and External Communications Officer to maximise PR support for campaigns and appeals as appropriate.
- Work closely with the External Communications Officer and Community Fundraisers to keep abreast of all internal activities, to generate and gather stories which can feed fundraising materials.
- The ability to use written communication skills and techniques to write creative, emotive copy to engage and motivate donor giving.
- Oversee direct marketing agencies for production & distribution of mailings.
- Oversee best internal distribution of appropriate fundraising materials.
- Make best use of Internet and new media, as appropriate, for promotion of fundraising campaigns and income generation.
Experience / Skills Required
- Degree or equivalent in marketing, fundraising or a related discipline.
- Experience of managing projects and working with a high degree of accuracy in copywriting.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Good IT skills are required as, in addition to working with the usual Microsoft Office software.
- The ability to work alone but also flexible enough to work as part of a fundraising team.
- Experience of Raisers Edge would be desirable although training would be provided if necessary.
**A full driving license / access to a car is essential / occasional evening and weekend work will be a requirement of this post**