A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Major Gifts Fundraiser with an international organisation based in Edinburgh. Working with the Major Donor Manager, the Major Gifts team and teams across the organisation, the role demands effective cultivation and stewardship of trusts, donors and prospects, to retain existing support and secure new sources of funding.
The post will contribute to the income targets of the Major Gifts Team and the wider operational targets of the organisation.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
• Work towards an agreed annual income target and support the management of the Major Gifts Team expenditure budget
• Seek out large gifts from Scottish based trusts and major donors and build and manage a strong pipeline of prospects
• Develop strong relationships with existing major donors and grant making trusts and seek to increase their financial support
• Co-ordinate events and the production of marketing materials as required
• Identify and establish cultivation opportunities for major donors and trust prospects, alongside the wider Major Gifts team and Scotland Team
• Liaise with the Major Gifts team, the data protection officer and the data team to ensure the charity is compliant with fundraising regulations and data protection requirements at all times
• Update prospect and supporter records on the supporter database
• Prior experience or knowledge of fundraising from major donor individuals and/or trusts and foundations
• Knowledge of principles of Major Donor fundraising or trust fundraising
• Experience/ability to manage events and co-ordinate colleagues and volunteers
• Experience of researching potential funders and identifying key targets
Understanding of working unsocial hours on an occasional basis, usually scheduled in advance, and / or occasionally to stay away from home overnight (overnight stays would be scheduled in advance).