An opportunity has arisen for a Head of Income Generation to join Waverley Care in their Edinburgh offices on Mansfield Place. Waverley Care makes a positive difference in the lives of people living with or affected by HIV or Hepatitis C in Scotland. Their work is focused on prevention, education, testing and support.
AWS Recruitment are delighted to be working in partnership with Waverley Care on this fantastic opportunity.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
Holidays: 25 days and 10 public holidays
Location: Mansfield Place, Edinburgh
This is a newly created post which will build on the organisation’s successful track record of income generation over 28 years. We are looking for a candidate who can build new sources of income reflecting the organisation’s geographical coverage and service diversity. The ideal candidate will identify new opportunities and markets as well as ensure continued success in securing tenders and contracts. The Head of Income Generation will report to the Chief Executive, attend board meetings and have particularly close relationships with Senior Managers the for the different services that they provide.
• Develop and implement an income generation strategy with ambitious income goals that supports all aspects of the charity’s work
• Work collaboratively with the Senior Management Team to ensure that new funding initiatives are developed that support the work of the charity over the long term.
• Lead on the establishment of new income streams.
• To lead and support the fundraising team to grow income from trusts, foundations, corporates, individuals and events.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with contract managers, grant officers, corporate and trust donors, and individuals and support colleagues including fundraisers and senior managers to do the same.
• Champion excellent donor care, ensuring key relationships are sustained and developed.
• Provide oversight and ensure effective project management of all fundraising and income generation activity from tenders, applications, events and reporting.
• Ensure that all fundraising and income generation complies with relevant legal requirements, fundraising regulatory requirements and Waverley Care policies and procedures.
• Provide effective management to the Fundraising Team ensuring that work is effectively delegated and staff are supported to deliver effectively.
• Ensure the Fundraising team has processes and systems in place to maximise and monitor its effectiveness.
• To be an effective contributor to Waverley Care’s strategic direction and day to day operations through participation in Senior Management Team meetings and Board of Directors meetings.
• To represent the charity externally, as required.
- A tailored CV and Cover Letter to Alan Surgeon
- Previous experience in a senior fundraising position is essential.
- A proven track record in large funding applications
- Evidence of line management / leadership
- Experience of dealing with budgets
- Knowledge of the health sector
- Visit to Milestone House: 21st August
- 1st Stage Interview: 23rd August
- 2nd Stage Interview: 28th August