AWS Recruitment are proud to be working in partnership with JDRF. We are looking for someone to build, develop and steward relationships with key high level supporters and to uphold a high level of supporter care in order to increase fundraised income from a number of high value income streams. The successful candidate will also have to identify new strategies and relationships to secure corporate support throughout Scotland to provide sponsorship of events and Charity of the Year partnerships.
- Work as a member of the Scotland team in the development and delivery of new initiatives and ongoing activity including events and third party activity.
- Responsible for identifying and securing new business support including sponsorship of events such as Galas, One Walk and Charity of the Year partnerships whilst encouraging existing supporters to increase their level of support where possible.
- Work with the Scotland team in delivering events, preparing and monitoring budgets aimed at maximising income and benefits for JDRF.
- Work with the Head of Regional Fundraising and Development Managers to identify research and cultivate high level supporters promoting appropriate programmes for their support in Scotland.
- Work with the Development Managers and to initiate new and expand existing fundraising support.
- Work with external PR/PA Agency (if in place) and JDRF’s Media & Public Affairs Team to increase JDRF’s profile.
- Take an active role in the Scotland team contributing new ideas, sharing best practice and leading on initiatives where appropriate.
- Ensure that all administrative and financial processes, including updating and use of Donor Flex adhered to.
- As a member of the Scotland team assist the Development Managers with the review, analysis, planning and budget setting for Scotland.
- Take responsibility for researching and pitching for potential fundraising support across the Region, evaluating and monitoring the events and initiatives of other charities to ensure JDRF is aware of current trends, practices and competition.
- Managing successful corporate or high level supporter relationships.
- Track record of securing financial partnerships.
- Proven track record of setting, achieving and delivering income budgets.
- Co-ordinating and balancing conflicting priorities.
- Previous volunteer management experience.
- Public speaking/delivering presentations to senior level audiences.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Confident working with a variety of corporate level executives, high level supporters and third party volunteers to gain their respect and confidence.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes and the use of fundraising and digital media.
- Goal orientated with strong networking skills.
- Have a target driven approach to fundraising.
- Experience of working in the charity sector applying relevant fundraising laws, regulations and best practice to your day and work.
- Excellent administrative and financial administrative skills.
- Project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and maintain flexibility and control.
- Member of the Institute of Fundraising
- Knowledge of Type 1 diabetes, research and JDRF.
You must have a clean driving license and access to a car, the ability to travel Scotland as required and ability and willingness to travel to England as required. You must also be willing to work unsociable hours as required at events and business meetings.
For application you must have a CV and tailored Cover Letter.
All applications and enquiries to be sent to Donna McKay at AWS Recruitment.
email@example.com / 0131 344 4646