AWS Recruitment are delighted to be working in partnership with the Diabetes UK to source an outstanding Area Fundraising Manager to join their busy Income Generation Team.
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.5 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 11.9 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition. DUK have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join the team!?
Reporting to the Senior Community Fundraising Manager, you will be responsible for developing and leading a regionally dispersed team to inspire and engage the existing supporters, recruit new supporters and to grow income for the Community Fundraising programme.
This is an exciting time to join the team and help shape the development of Community Fundraising at Diabetes UK.
This role will be accountable for:
- The line-management and performance management for a team of Regional Fundraisers.
- Delivering income, net contribution targets, ensuring that all regionally-based staff meet targets.
- Contributing to the development and delivery of a community fundraising acquisition strategy to recruit and manage new supporters and to grow income.
- This role has line-management responsibility for a team of Regional Fundraisers as well as developing strong relationships across the wider Engagement and Fundraising Directorate and charity.
- The ideal candidate will have an excellent understanding of relationship management and supporter development, team and volunteer management as well as the drive and enthusiasm necessary to grow our Community Fundraising programme.